If the marital parties do not have Spanish nationality, the legal procedure is longer and more complex, as such, it is recommended to perform the process in the marital parties’ country of origin and opt for a symbolic ceremony on the day of the celebration in Spain.

If the parties decide to carry out the legal procedure in Spain, they must:

  • Go to the Spanish consulate in their country. The process and duration varies according to each country.
  • The consulate sends the documentation to the pertinent civil registry in the municipality where the parties wish to celebrate the marriage.
General Information

Specific information according to the couple’s countries of origin:

All rights reserved · Developed by GM Cloud Design
Latest update: 2018

www.ipep.cat | ipep@palafrugell.cat