To celebrate a wedding with religious rites the parties must contact the parish to specify the date and time, as well as the other important details related to the liturgical celebration and marriage application:
Calle de la Caritat, 68
Telephone: 972 30 07 35
Opening hours: from 20:00 until 21:00
The rector will request a series of documents to be able to process the application, as well as a witness for each marital party. The witness must be of adult age. In certain churches they may request that the witness is a family member.
The documents which form part of the marriage application are:
- Up-to-date literal birth certificate of the two partners. In order to obtain this document, the parties must request the certificate in the civil registry of their place of birth.
- Baptismal certificate. This can be obtained in the parish where the party was baptised. This must be requested at least six months ahead of time.
- Photocopies of the Identity Document, passport or residency card.
- Certificate or confirmation of the Pre-Cana course.
- Certain parishes may request documents such as the confirmation certificate and/or a certificate attesting that the party is unmarried. This last document must be requested when one of the marital parties is from a foreign country.